Mobile proxies are an essential tool for various online activities like web scraping, data gathering, and managing multiple social media accounts. They provide users with increased anonymity, enhanced security, and the ability to bypass geo-restrictions and IP blocks. In this guide, we will explain the concept of mobile proxies and walk you through the process of building your own mobile proxy network using simple hardware and tools.
Understanding Mobile Proxies and Their Significance
A mobile proxy is an IP address that uses a cellular connection, channeling internet traffic through mobile devices connected to networks like T-Mobile or Verizon. These proxies employ CGNAT (Carrier-Grade Network Address Translation) technology, which allows multiple devices to share a single public IP address. This results in high levels of anonymity improved security, and avoids detection.
Mobile proxies are unique because they are difficult to block and have a favorable IP reputation. Websites are very reluctant to block them. Why do you ask?
If you were a website, what would you rather do: allow a mobile IP to perform automated actions or ban it and risk taking down a hundred other users? Pretty hard decision to make, right? As a result, it’s hard to get mobile IP proxies blocked, and they can get away with much more than any other proxy type. That is why mobile proxies are ideal in managing multiple social media accounts. Many social media platforms limit the number of accounts that can be managed from a single IP address to prevent spam and abuse.
But, Mobile Proxies are more expensive than regular residential IPs because obtaining IPs on cellular connections is challenging, and their bandwidth is comparatively more costly.
How to Create a Mobile Proxy Network?
You can create mobile proxies in two primary ways: borrowing IPs from other users or building SIM card farms. Borrowing IPs involves using a proxy provider’s code (SDK) inserted into popular apps, while SIM card farms utilize USB dongles and specialized software to operate.
The Benefits of Building Your Own Mobile Proxy Network
Creating your mobile proxies ensures the quality of your proxy, making it more challenging for anti-botting algorithms to detect and block your IP. This is particularly crucial for users of automation software, as recent AI and machine learning technology advancements have made it easier for websites to block data center proxies and residential proxies.
To build your mobile proxy network Using SIM Card Farms, you’ll need the following hardware and tools:
- Proxy Server
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (4GB)
- Raspberry Pi power adapter
- Ethernet cable
- Raspberry Pi cooling fan
- 32GB SD card (or larger)
- USB Hub
- Orico IH10P or IH20P USB Hub with its own power supply
- Wi-Fi Dongles
- Unlocked and modified Huawei E3372h or E8372h dongles with Hilink
- Unlocked dongles
- Unlocked dongles are dongles that give you the freedom to switch between network providers as much as you want. And not locked to a single network providers
- Modified Dongles
- Certain data plans such as unlimited data plans of network providers are locked for mobile phones. Modified dongles bypass it as mobile phones utilize unlimited data plans from network providers.
- If you do not see your Dongles in the supported List. You can contact us to have your dongles integrated into Proxywave software.
- Something very important you need to check before purchasing the dongles. Different countries around the world use different frequencies to operate their cellular network. This is because a 4G network cannot run on the same frequency as a 3G and so on.
- USB Keyboard
- Sd Card Reader
- Monitor with Micro USB to HDMI Cable (if you are using argon one as your casing, you may use hdmi to HDMI cable)
Configuring Your Hardware
Set Up Your Raspberry Pi
- Login Into Your Router
- Look for the IP Assigned to Proxywave Hardware
- Copy the IP Address and paste it into a new tab/browser
- The Proxywave login page will show up
- Login into your Proxywave account. If you have not done so, you may register for an account at
- Viola, your device is connected. you may go back to your dashboard to view it
Set Up Your Router for Port Forwarding
- Http: Ports 3001 up to the number of modems you have.
- Socks: Ports 4001 up to the number of modems you have.
Set Up Your Huawei Dongles
Upon completing these steps, you should now have a fully functional mobile proxy network.
To begin using your proxies, follow these instructions
- Connect Your Proxy Network
- Plug the USB hub with the dongles into your Raspberry Pi.
- Power on the USB hub and wait for the dongles to establish a cellular connection.
- After connecting, your Raspberry Pi will automatically detect the dongles.
- Log in to your Proxywave account, and start creating your proxies.
- Creating your Mobile Proxies
- To use your mobile proxies with Proxywave, click “create proxy” in your Proxywave.
- Choose the dongles you would like to create mobile proxies
- Viola! You have created your first mobile proxies and are ready to use them.
It might seem complicated, but once you do it for the first time, it’s extremely simple! Although the road to creating proxies is never easy, we have made it a lot easier for proxy users with Proxywave. If you have any technical issues with setting it up. Feel free to contact us. Our team of developers is always available to help you.
By following this comprehensive guide, you should now have a better understanding of mobile proxies and the steps required to create your own mobile proxy network. Building and managing your proxy network can provide you with a reliable, secure, and anonymous solution for your online needs, allowing you to bypass geo-restrictions, gather data, or manage multiple social media accounts more efficiently.
As technology continues to evolve, the future outlook for mobile proxies is promising, with emerging technologies like machine learning, blockchain, and location-based services opening up new opportunities for businesses to leverage mobile proxies. Overall, mobile proxies are a valuable tool for businesses to stay ahead of the competition and ensure their online presence is optimized for mobile users. However, It’s important to note that while mobile proxies offer many benefits, they should be used ethically and legally, and should comply with data privacy laws and regulations.
Follow Us on Social Media
Stay up-to-date with our latest news